Ozone Health and Fitness
Our Ozone Health & Fitness Club is located at Number 1, Kings Cross Road, within the Crowne Plaza London Kings Cross. Opened in September 2009 this Club has a unique feel to it, being both personal to your own needs and vibrant, superbly equipped , yet peaceful and tranquil, allowing you to focus on your own Health Goals and Objectives. Our Split Level Multipurpose Gym is fully equipped with Cardio Vascular Technogym Equipment (including built-in TV viewing screens), complemented by Weight Resistance Machines and a fully equipped Exercise Area on both levels.
We have a Mirrored Personal Training Studio for Classes such as our famous 20 minute High Intensity PT sessions. Personal Training sessions are held daily.
Our thoughtfully designed changing rooms are kitted out with Walnut Faced Lockers and Glass Fronted Showers which are modern, bright and clean. Fully Accessible changing rooms are also close by with wheel chair access and baby changing facilities. Lift access from the Ground Floor level.
Workout Of the Day (The WOD) explanation and expectations
Ozone WOD’s are a core strength and conditioning programme. The WOD is not a specialised fitness programme but a deliberate attempt to optimise physical competence in each of ten recognised fitness domains.
They are Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy.
During the On Ramp programme we will take you through each of the ten fitness domains in The WOD by using the following:
1. Body weight & gymnastics movements. (Squats, pull-ups, pushups, jump rope.)
2. Metabolic Conditioning. (Running, Rowing, jump rope.)
3. Kettlebell. (All variations from swings, squats, clean-press, etc.)
In the WOD we take all these functional movements, constantly vary them and perform them at high intensity in a small group which is highly motivating and fun!
If you have never done anything like this before, don’t worry. Our programme emphasises skill development and exposure to the basic movements in functional training. It is designed to prepare anyone and everyone for our ongoing 20 minute Personal Training Sessions. These are included in your membership. Our objective is to educate and correct proper technique at all times; this is to ensure your safety and success at every level of your fitness journey.
The following describes our programme:
- You will be introduced to technique and mechanics first, then speed and intensity.
- We will teach movements that begin relatively non-technical and will progressively become more technical.
- Each day will conclude with a workout; as the programme progresses, so will the difficulty.
- The difficulty of these workouts is, ultimately, in your hands. The degree at which you push yourself will determine your own level of intensity during the workout.
- The class is called “On Ramp” for a specific reason. We want to “ramp” you up to the level of intensity and output that is inherent with our current members.
Every workout can be modified to each individual’s needs. Using proper precautions, we can work with any previous injury or physical ailments. We currently have members from age 18 to 50+. Anyone can do this!
You want to change your life in a positive direction. When you make the WOD part of your lifestyle, you will continually be motivated and inspired. We are not a typical gym. We are a community and family of individuals who are all striving for a better life both physically and mentally.