What are Ozone WOD's?
Ozone WOD’s are a core strength and conditioning program. Our WOD is not a specialised fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimise physical competence in each of ten recognised fitness domains.
They are Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy.
During the On Ramp program we will take you through each of the ten domains of fitness by using the following:
- Body weight & gymnastics movements. (Squats, pull-ups, press ups, jump rope.)
- Metabolic Conditioning. (Running, Rowing, jump rope.)
- Kettlebell. (All variations from swings, squats, clean-press, etc.)
Functional, High Intensity Movements
We take all these functional movements, constantly vary them and perform them at high intensity in a small group which is highly motivating and fun!
If you have never done anything like this before, don’t worry. Our program emphasises skill development and exposure to the basic movements in functional training. It is designed to prepare anyone and everyone for our ongoing 20 minute Personal Training Sessions. These are included in your membership. Our objective is to educate and correct proper technique at all times; this is to ensure your safety and success at every level of your fitness journey.
The following describes our program:
- You will be introduced to technique and mechanics first, then speed and intensity.
- We will teach movements that begin relatively non-technical and will progressively become more technical.
- Each day will conclude with a workout; as the program progresses, so will the difficulty.
- The difficulty of these workouts is, ultimately, in your hands. The degree at which you push yourself will determine your own level of intensity during the workout.
- The class is called “On Ramp” for a specific reason. We want to “ramp” you up to the level of intensity and output that is inherent with our current members.
Every workout can be modified to each individual’s needs. Using proper precautions, we can work with any previous injury or physical ailments. We currently have members from age 18 to 50+. Anyone can do this!
You want to change your life in a positive direction. When you make WOD’s part of your lifestyle, you will continually be motivated and inspired. We are not a typical gym. We are a community and family of individuals who are all striving for a better life both physically and mentally.
This is what our members have to say about the Workouts
Click here to see our list of class times.